Andrew A. Lewis
Andrew (Andy) is a founding member of Lewis & Lewis, and is the president of the firm. Andy represents clients in simple and complex estate planning matters, probate administration, asset protection, and business law. In addition to being a lawyer, Andy has served as a judge for over a decade and as an experienced mediator for nearly two decades; in those roles he has tried, heard, and settled thousands of cases.
Education and Professional Certifications/Appointments
- Andy earned his B.A. from Rice University in 1991, where he founded the Rice Crew.
- Andy earned his J.D., with honors, from Tulane University in 1996, where he was a member of the international appellate moot court team and associate editor for the international law review.
- Andy earned his M.B.A. from Emory University in 2004.
- Andy was Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2012.
- Andy has served as an Associate Municipal Judge for the City of Houston since 2010.
- Andy served as Magistrate Judge for Cobb County, Georgia from 2003 to 2008.
- Andy served on the Faculty of the Georgia Institute of Judicial Continuing Education from 2005 to 2008
- Andy served as Deputy Director of the Georgia Supreme Court’s Office of Dispute Resolution from 2001 to 2002.
- Andy served as Staff Attorney to the Chief Judge of the Cobb Superior Court (metro-Atlanta, Georgia) from 1997 to 1999.
- Andy has served as an officer, director, or chairman in numerous professional organizations, including Executive Council of the Georgia Bar Younger Lawyers Division; the Cobb Mediators Association; the Cobb County Bar Association; the Association for Conflict Resolution, and Attorneys in Tax and Probate, Houston, Texas.
Community and Personal
- Andy currently resides in the Clear Lake area and has three children all of whom attended Clear Creek ISD schools.
- Andy graduated from HSPVA and is an amateur guitar player, and an avid runner and scuba diver.
- Andy attends St. Thomas Episcopal Church where he sings in the choir.