Polly P. Lewis
Attorney (of counsel)
Polly P. Lewis is a founding member of Lewis & Lewis. Polly has practiced law in private firms in the areas of wills, trusts, estate planning, tax law, probate, and business law in the Clear Lake area for more than three decades. Prior to being licensed to practice law, Polly served clients as a CPA in large and medium accounting firms, counseling individuals and businesses in accounting and tax matters. Polly has been board certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1991.
Education and Professional Certifications/Appointments
- Polly earned her B.A. from Rice University in 1960.
- Polly earned her J.D., with honors, from the University of Connecticut in School of Law in 1983, where she received the Prentice Hall Award in Taxation.
- Polly has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1978.
- Polly served as the City Attorney of the City of Seabrook, Texas from 1987-1994 and as Municipal Judge for the City of Seabrook from 1986 to 1987.
- Polly was Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1991.
- Polly is Member of the Texas Bar.
- Polly is a member of The College of the State Bar of Texas; the Houston Bar Association: Probate, Trust and Estates Section; and Attorneys in Tax and Probate.
- Polly has been an active member of the Houston Bar Elder Law Committee and the Texas State Bar Grievance Committee.
Community and Personal
- Polly is married to Michael Pierson, is the mother of four children and grandmother to ten grandchildren.
- Polly has served as an officer or board member to various organizations including the Bay Area Turning Point, Bay Area Turning Point Foundation, Association of Business and Professional Women, Houston Bar Association, Armand Bayou Nature Center, Lunar Rendezvous, and the Planned Giving Committee of the University of Houston Clear Lake.
- Polly enjoys ballroom dancing, photography, and leisure learning.
- Polly is a member of the Christ Church Episcopal Cathedral.